In case we haven’t gotten around to discussing just how we found Iceland this last trip, have a read of the Reykjavik Grapevine’s article, Curiosity Killed the Quiet. It really captures quite well what we found, and why we cannot see ourselves living there, at least not until they get a handle on their tourism.
On the other hand, here are some pictures of the trip, just because it really is a beautiful place to see.
In totally unrelated news, here are a bunch of stories I’ve been saving to share with you:
- The Philosophy of Conspiracy Theories (helpful hint: definition of anomie)
- A Picture Is No Longer Worth a Thousand Words
- The biggest Blue Screen of Death
- Polish photographer rescues white-tailed eagle from quicksand
- The Most Intolerant Wins: the Dictatorship of the Small Minority
- You may think the world is falling apart. It isn’t.
- Uncovering the brutal truth about the British Empire
- The Little-Known History of the Forced Sterilization of Native American Women
- Police unions demand more pay in order to wear body cameras.