Yesterday morning’s email brought me a surprise: an award! Baking Soda of Bake My Day has given me the “Nice Matters” award … and I’m not sure that I’m worthy! That said, though, I do know several people to whom it should go, so I’ll pass it along to them now.
This award is for those bloggers who are nice people; good blog friends and those who inspire good feelings and inspiration. Also for those who are a positive influence on our blogging world. Once you’ve been awarded, please pass it on to 7 others who you feel are deserving of this award.
I’m passing it along to (drumroll, please):
- Cheryl of A Simple Yarn. She has provided quiet encouragement to us through our experience of packing up & moving across the world. She’s also living the zero-impact life, to which we can only aspire.
- Neil of Through the Megatonne Marble. Neil … well, he’s crazy. That said, though, he’s also someone who thinks about the important things like whether Miyazaki films are all designed to make you cry and whether there is such a thing as too much black pepper.
- Jackie of jikiann knits. Jackie has been a good friend as well as a good blog friend, and led me to a very cool yarn sale. Thank you, Jackie! We’ll be following your pattern for a sari-ribbon scarf soon!
- Jackie of one thread two thread. This Jackie has been someone to exchange seeds with, and whose spinning and weaving I have envied often. She has also been a good friend and blog friend.
- Diane of Chic with Stix. Diane has provided encouragement when we wondered if we’d make it, and She has also provided good knitting projects, pictures, and advice for everybody!
- India of twelfthknit. India has given us insight into the chaos that is Glasgow. She has also decided to pick up and move across the world, proving that the world is a small place, and that it is possible to take pets into other countries.
- A.Fortis of aquafortis. A.Fortis has been an anchor on the other end, letting us know that California still exists, and that life can go on despite physical distance.
I am certain that I could / should go on with this list, but the award said it was to go to 7 people. Thus, I pass it along to those more worthy, along with good wishes to you all – particularly those who make an effort to build up, rather than tear down.